- Excellent value for money
- Quality brand
- Programmable timer
- Weight 5.9 kg
- Outer casing gets too hot during cooking
If you have a large family of 5 or 6 and are looking for a reliable, sturdy slow cooker that cooks wonderfully, the Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605 5.7-litre is perfect for your needs.
Buying this model, you can be sure that you are getting one of the best slow cookers currently on the market.
Before you bay it is good to read Is slow cooker worth it?
Do you want to know everything about it? Well, be aware that here we go.
- The Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605 has a rugged aluminium outer casing. On the outside, you will find the digital panel to set the programming time and a small LED screen that indicates the time for completing the recipe and the handles to move it. Inside are the resistors that emit heat.
- The casserole in which the food is cooked is made of high-quality ceramic with a perfect non-stick coating so that nothing sticks.
- Finally, let me know that it comes equipped with a transparent tempered glass lid that will allow us to control the cooking time of the food without having to lift it, something beneficial to avoid heat losses that would lengthen the cooking time.
What will I receive when I buy my Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605?
- Crock-Pot with An aluminium outer casing.
- A non-stick ceramic casserole.
- A transparent glass lid.
- An instruction book in which we will find some recipes, although they are not in Spanish.
Capacity: it is a 5.7-litre pot that will allow you to cook without problems for up to 6 people ideal for large families and gatherings where you have to cook for large groups. If you are not so many at home, but you like to save food for the next day, this is your pot.
Crock-Pot pots are quite powerful compared to other brands, which means preparing the same recipe will take less time. This particular model has a power of 230W and very low energy consumption (about 200W per hour).
he Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605 has a programmable function that goes from 30 minutes to 20 hours. The only downside in this regard is that you will not be able to program the power on time.
It has three power levels (Low, High and Keep Warm). The Low and High functions reach the same maximum temperature, 100º, only that in Low it takes longer to reach them than in High. The Keep Warm function automatically keeps the temperature warm when cooking is complete. Although it is very soft, you must be careful not to leave the food for too long because it may overcook.
made of non-stick ceramic, which makes the heat spread evenly throughout the container. You can use it both in the oven and in the dishwasher, but not for sauteing or sealing food on a gas or induction hobs. You can also use it to serve food directly on the table. Also, its oval shape and interior capacity (30 x 20 cm approx.) Will allow you to cook large pieces with fewer problems.
As we have already said, it is made of transparent glass so that you can see the food without having to remove it. You should be aware that slow cooker lids do not close tightly like a pressure cooker and have a little slack. They have a rubber that makes them close so that neither liquids nor vapours escape. Now, if you see that the lid is moving too much, check that the rubber is in place and remain whole.
The Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605 comes with a 2-year warranty from the day of purchase. Your invoice will serve as proof to enforce the guarantee. If you bought your slow cooker on Amazon, you could download it from “My Orders”.
You will be surprised how easy it is to clean. The ceramic casserole and the tempered glass are dishwasher safe. However, we advise you to wash the casserole by hand since it is a somewhat delicate material, so it is better to use a sponge to avoid scratching the coating. The outer part is practically not dirty and to clean it you need to wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Its excellent value for money. It is a pot with a very reasonable price for a product of its quality and resistance and from which, for sure, you will get an excellent performance.
- The quality of the brand. Crock-Pot is the No. 1 manufacturer of slow cookers worldwide and pioneers in the manufacture of this type of pots. This is evident in both the operation and the finishes, which is evident in the Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605.
- It has a programmable timer: of up to 20 hours. This will allow you to put your Crock-Pot to cook and forget about it while you sleep, work or enjoy your free time doing whatever you want.
- Except cooking with it directly on the fire, you can do everything: put the casserole in the oven to finish browning the food, clean it in the dishwasher or serve the food directly on the table. Total multifunction!
- The pot’s weight, 5.9 kg, to which we must add the weight of the food, makes both transport and handling not entirely comfortable.
- The outer casing gets too hot during cooking, which means that we have to use a cloth to avoid burning ourselves. Furthermore, this overheating also leads to a slight loss of energy.
What people are saying about the Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605
The Crock-Pot SCCPBPP605 has some excellent reviews on Amazon at the time of writing this review. It has more than 370 opinions and a very high average score, which clearly shows the product’s quality and the degree of satisfaction of the buyers.
The main complaints revolve around the aspects already discussed in this article.
The weight and excess heat of the outer shell and some cases. The product has been defective but has been exchanged by the seller.